Simplecom SA391v2 USB 3.0 TO 2.5", 3.5" & 5.25" SATA/IDE Adapter with Power Supply
Simplecom SA391v2 USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter incorporates 3 interfaces to one USB adapters and gives you the flexibility of connecting almost any type of drive to your computer via USB. Connect any Notebook 2.5" or Desktop 3.5"/5.25" Serial ATA/SATA or IDE/PATA Hard Drive externally to your computer through an available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port. The SA391v2 USB IDE/SATA Adapter is a caseless solution that makes swapping hard drives easier than ever before. Transfer data quickly and easily through USB 3.0 at speeds of up to 5Gbps, up to 10x faster than USB 2.0. Installation is simple and driverless, and blue LED lights indicate activity to confirm data transfer. One solution for all types of hard drives make this a perfect solution for data transfers or data backup.
- Flexibility of connectivity and hot-swap capability to all your storage drives
- Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps with USB 3.0, 480 Mbps with USB 2.0
- Connect most common 2.5", 3.5", 5.25" SATA or IDE drives thru the latest USB 3.0 interface
- Included external power adapter for using 3.5" or 5.25" drives outside system
- Downwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Hot-swappable, plug and play, no drivers needed
- Supports 2.5" & 3.5" SA TA or PATA(IDE) Hard Drives
- Supports 5.25" Optical CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drives
- Support Windows XP and above, Mac OSX 10.6 and above
- 1x USB3.0 to IDE SATA Adapter
- 1x Power Adapter with IDE Molex connector
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x SATA-to-SATA data cable
- 1x IDE Molex connector to SATA power connector cable
- 1x Mini-CD containing OTB Software*
*AI-OTB is an optional software for OTB (One Touch Backup) button, you don’t have to install it if you don’t use OTB function, it’s not required driver for the adapter, adapter is plug and play and no driver needed.
Partition and Formatting
If your HDD has been partitioned, please connect directly with adapter to use. It will be showed "New Disk" in computer.
If not, in the premise of system can correctly identify HDD, you can use the partition and formatting program of Windows to do it, or third-party software, Windows "Disk management", which located at "Administrative Tools" in Control Panel, Disk Management located on the left-hand side of the Computer Management window, under the Storage heading)