With Spring soon approaching, it’s time to get the t-shirts and shorts out from the depths of your closet. Often, winter not only leaves us paler but also sallow or dull looking.
All skin tones are beautiful – confidence is always the best accessory. Sometimes, having a little glow or tan makes the skin look healthier like it was in the summertime.
We recommend spray tanning, it lasts for 10-15 days and the application is so simple and quick (10-15 minutes). It lowers your risk of sun damage by erasing the need for you to go out in the sun and get a real tan. Check out our affordable spray tan kits.
Fake tanning can be confusing, it’s so easy to get wrong so between all the exfoliating and moisturising it’s critical you get the key part of your tanning routine correct – the type of fake tan that’s going to suit your skin tone the best.
Which Skin Tone Are You?
Usually, skin tones are cool, neutral or warm.
Cool Toned Skin Tones:
- Are usually more sensitive to the sun
- Have a more pink/ red complexion
- Veins on their wrist are purple/ blue
Warm Toned Skin Tones:
- Tan or go bronzed in the sun
- Have a more yellow complexion
- Veins on their wrist are green/ olive
Neutral Toned Skin Tones:
- Veins on their wrist are blue/ green
- Not discernibly warm or cool
If you know the undertone of your skin, you can pick the undertone of your fake tan!
Why Does Fake Tan Undertone Matter?
Your natural undertone will determine the way tan develops on your skin. Fake tan solutions are either green or violet toned this will compliment your natural skin tone. This concept is derived from the colour wheel where colours opposite each other on the colour wheel complement each other perfectly.
- If you have cool-toned skin (pink/ red undertone) choose a tan with a green undertone
- If you have warm-toned skin (yellow undertone) choose a tan with a violet undertone
- If you have neutral-toned skin you can choose any tan you’d like!
The complementary colours rule ensures you tan balances out perfectly so there’s no single colour that sticks out making you look orange and unnatural.
If you’re eager to get bronzy and glowy in time for spring this year, do it right with this simple skin undertone rule!